The Friends group was formed in 1997 with the objects of:
- Raising awareness of the church by promoting the use of the church for cultural and artistic activities. Details of forthcoming events are posted here.
- Raising funds for the preservation of the fabric of the building. The church is unusual because, though the village disappeared three hundred and fifty years ago, the church has always remained in active use.
Work done by the Friends
Over the years, the Friends have done much to maintain and improve the church. Their work has allowed jobs like these to be done:
- Maintaining the building structure, such as repointing the tower, replacing slates on the roof and repairing the tiled floor.
- Installing new heating, lighting and other electrical systems, as well as repairing existing electrics.
- Painting, decorating and plastering the inside of the church.
- Maintaining the trees in the churchyard.
- Buying new furniture and equipment, such as the organ and chairs.
- Keeping up-to-date architectural surveys to ensure that we have an accurate picture of the state of the church.
Become a Friend for £5 a year
The Friends have been registered as charity 1062965.
You can make your donation even more valuable by completing our Gift Aid form.
The trustees have for sale a pack of six coloured Christmas cards of the church at a price of £1 and pens at a price of £0.99. We also have Flower Festival calendars (£3 plus P&P). Please send us an e-mail if you would like any of these.
That’s fascinating – thank you very much for posting it here. Please see grave 67 for details.
I found this newspaper article dated 16 December 1916 about a former rector. RECTOR’S FATAL FALL. Falling down lift well…
Unfortunately not, but thank you for your interest.
Thank you mike did you manage to take a cutting of this special tree
Dear sir or madame I was wondering if possible to arrange a visit we are the knights templar uk and…
Apologies for any inconvenience. The church is open for services from around 9 am to a little after 10 am…
Please can you advise when the church is open to visitors, or if there is a keyholder. (I have left…
Just want to say thank you to the warden and the officials for being very helpful as I photographed the…
Thank you for your mail. I’ve sent you an mail with the Churchwarden’s contact details: you may be able to…
I would like to know please if St Bartholomew’s Church is open to the public, other than at services. Perhaps…