The Friends group was formed in 1997 with the objects of:
- Raising awareness of the church by promoting the use of the church for cultural and artistic activities. Details of forthcoming events are posted here.
- Raising funds for the preservation of the fabric of the building. The church is unusual because, though the village disappeared three hundred and fifty years ago, the church has always remained in active use.
Work done by the Friends
Over the years, the Friends have done much to maintain and improve the church. Their work has allowed jobs like these to be done:
- Maintaining the building structure, such as repointing the tower, replacing slates on the roof and repairing the tiled floor.
- Installing new heating, lighting and other electrical systems, as well as repairing existing electrics.
- Painting, decorating and plastering the inside of the church.
- Maintaining the trees in the churchyard.
- Buying new furniture and equipment, such as the organ and chairs.
- Keeping up-to-date architectural surveys to ensure that we have an accurate picture of the state of the church.
Become a Friend for £5 a year
The Friends have been registered as charity 1062965.
The trustees have for sale a pack of six coloured Christmas cards of the church at a price of £1 and pens at a price of £0.99. We also have Flower Festival calendars (£3 plus P&P). Please send us an e-mail if you would like any of these.